554 Personal Injuries
Personal injuries are common occurrences that can happen to anyone. In many cases, people obtain a personal injury that is not their fault. Personal injuries include things like slips and falls, car accidents, everyday ergonomic problems, and more. These injuries can cause a great deal of pain and lead to chronic health problems. On the other hand, you may not feel injured after an accident, but it could still have caused some underlying health conditions.
If you are in pain or were in an accident, it’s important to seek treatment. At Sarasota Chiropractic, Physical Therapy & Massage in Sarasota, FL, we can help you. We offer a variety of treatment options for personal injuries and other painful conditions.
Why You Should Seek Treatment
Our chiropractor will help you after a personal injury by diagnosing and treating your condition. We use diagnostic tools and will look at the nature of your personal injury and your medical history to determine where your pain is coming from. Even if you feel little to no pain after an accident, our chiropractor can find underlying conditions that may cause problems in the future. The sooner you come to Sarasota Chiropractic, Physical Therapy & Massage, the sooner we can start treatment and prevent your condition from worsening.
Types of Personal Injuries
Many conditions fall under the category of personal injuries. Here are some of the most common:
- Whiplash: This is common in car accidents when the head moves forward and backward very quickly. This results in neck and shoulder pain, and often headaches.
- Sprains and Strains: Muscles or ligaments may be stretched or torn as the result of an accident, causing pain or lack of support in that area.
- Disc problems: Spinal discs have an outer soft coating that helps with shock absorption. When someone is injured, that coating becomes compromised, leaving nerves exposed and vulnerable, which can lead to pain.
- Dislocations: Full or partial dislocations may occur when the body is jolted in an unusual way, and can cause severe pain.
- Other Stress Responses: Some muscle tightness can occur just from being on edge after a personal injury. Treatments including massage, electro-muscle stimulation, and others can help you recover from these responses and feel better.
Our team of professionals prioritize helping you get rid of your pain, and want you to get back to your normal life as soon as possible. After diagnosing your injury or other health conditions, we will form a treatment plan suited for your pain level and lifestyle. We offer electro muscle stimulation and ultrasounds, which help reduce inflammation and improve blood flow. If you are suffering from back pain, we might suggest chiropractic adjustments, or spinal manipulation. You may need physical therapy or massage therapy to help return your body’s full range of motion. Our experts can also incorporate corrective exercises into your treatment to help your body heal.
Our chiropractor may use a combination of treatment methods to help you. All of our treatments are safe, effective, and drug-free.
Schedule Your Appointment
Whether you are suffering from a personal injury or just have chronic pain, we can help. At Sarasota Chiropractic, Physical Therapy & Massage in Sarasota, FL, our experts will find a treatment method that works for you. Call us today to schedule an appointment.